As a system of study rules, ECTS was introduced in 2004, with Jovanka Ilievska as ECTS coordinator.
The Coordinator is primarily responsible for:
1. Monitoring the Faculty’s obligations regarding the implementation of ECTS principles and mechanisms;
2. Promoting ECTS both within and outside the Faculty;
3. Giving support for practical implementation of ECTS, as well as support for ECTS coordinators at the level of Faculty departments;
4. Disseminating information to students regarding ECTS;
5. Coordinating ECTS coordinators at the level of Faculty departments in the processes of: adaptation, production and distribution of information and guidelines for each semester;
6. Cooperating with public and private institutions granting scholarships;
7. Establishing contacts at university, national and international levels.
The ECTS Coordinator also collaborates with other faculties, which are members of the universities in the Republic of Macedonia.